Monday, July 30, 2012

Love in the Park

Empire State Building
If you've read some of my other posts and/or my profile, you would know that I am originally from New York; born in Queens and then grew up in East Northport, Long Island (SHOUT OUT TO EAST NORTHPORT). Well, I try to visit, when I can, and occassionaly go into the City; Manhattan.

During one of our drives home, through Manhattan, we were stopped by some traffic...imagine that...and the boys said, "Look at that!" Well, a guy had jumped out of the cab in front of us...in the middle of traffic...and proceeded to urinate right there in the middle of the street.

This post is about a visit earlier this month that proved to be a bit more inspiring...



On this particular trip to Long Island, my boys brought along one of their friends, Zach. Zach had never been to Long Island or Manhattan, but had only been to Western NY state, near Buffalo. Therefore, we decided we would try to show him some of the highlights; more of which will be shared in another post, or two.
Austin, Zach, Jordan at Northport Station

After taking the train in to Manhattan, we walked our way from Penn Station to Central Park...stopping at a few places on the way.






We had a Dirty Water Dog (a hot dog from one of the vendors on the street), just outside of the Park, and then decided to walk over to the small bridge and pond.

Southeast corner of
Central Park

While the boys were standing on the bridge, checking out the scenery and whatever else was going on in the Park, I was looking around for possible photo opportunities.

Austin - Jordan - Zach
All of a sudden, I hear my younger son, Austin, say, "Dad, check it out...you just missed it!". I immediately think that Zach has been exposed to his first New Yorker urinating out in public, when Austin continues and says, "Some guy just proposed to his girlfriend!".




As I come to the top of the bridge, where the boys are, I look down and see the young man and young woman in a tender embrace and she has a small box in her hands. Austin tells me that the young man had actually gotten down on his knee, but I had missed that part.



So, I raise my camera to my eye and start clicking away.




She either opens it again or opens it for the first time and reacts to the splendor of the gem inside.











As they continue in their heartfelt conversation, he takes the ring from the box and places it on her finger.











By the way things are going, I'm pretty confident...

SHE SAID YES!!!

I eventually went down and, with as little disrupting of the moment as possible, told them that I had captured several images and would be glad to share them with them. He was very appreciative and gave me his email address.

All I know, at this time, it that you have just been a part of the engagement of Adam and Karen.

Now, if I happen to get an invite to the wedding, I will be more than happy to post some photos of the grand event and try to get more details of the fairy tale.

Hey, who knows, it is New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment