Sunday, May 13, 2012

Just to keep things moving.

So, the last post was at the end of last month. Now I’m midway into May and haven’t posted anything yet. What with a full-time job, taking care of a house and yard on my own, caring for (and running to events for) my two boys, not to mention trying to have some form of social life; I’ve got to say, this whole blog thing is not an easy task.
Me, Kendra, Jackie, Kevin

I try to plan out and formulate what I’m going to post, but, to keep things moving, today’s is simply what happened today; Photo Club.


Amazing; when I wrote the intro to this post, it was still Saturday, May 12, 2012, but after weeding out photos that were then simply deleted and doing some adjustments to those for this post, I’ve missed another day.

Today was Photo Club. I was asked to start a group at the church I attend, which is a mix of beginning lessons on how to use your digital camera, some ideas on composition, lighting…

Jackie and Kendra on one of the trails.
Most of the time we meet at the church; however, we also try to get out and go places. For today, we had planned to go to Caledonia, which is part of the Michaux State Forest; covering 85,000 acres throughout three of Pennsylvania’s South Central counties; Cumberland, Franklin and Adams.

The Club is pretty small, at this point, with a few faithful members who have been attending since the beginning. Kevin, Jackie and I are earlier members, while Kendra is much newer to the group. Therefore, Kendra gets to carry all the gear (not really).
Jackie just HAD to have this cabin in a shot.
Kendra, Jackie, Kevin, Me

When we got there, I initially started shooting by the water; finding this fungus, of sorts, growing out of a stump. The color and shape is what initially caught my eye.

Then, looking across the creek, I saw this foot path.











As I walking, I noticed this small foot-bridge and figured it would be nice for a photo.



I knew I wanted to have a person in the shot and called for Jackie, who was one of the closest of the group to me…she’s also a good sport about having her photo taken, which has developed since being in Photo Club. If you’re going to be in the Club, you have to get used to having your photo taken; we have to practice on someone.


Here’s Kevin.














Kendra
Here’s Kendra taking a photo of a flower.





Jackie jumped the Canon ship and went over
to the Nikon side. I will forgive her.
And, since Jackie was standing around trying to figure out her new camera, I figured I would get her to pose for another shot.




Here’s Kendra taking photos of bugs; Jackie freaking out because of the bugs; Kevin trying to find new ways to bug Jackie.




All in all, it was a great day to be out with friends with a common interest.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed it! Looks like you all had a great day. Btw, Jackie looks so natural with that Nikon strap around her neck. Such a smart woman, she is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, it would have been nice to have you along, since you are one of us now.

      Jackie may look smart, but I'm the one who bonded with her new camera, while she was driving to the park. I messed with the settings and made it impossible for Jackie to use the camera; knowing she hadn't read the instructions yet. Mwaaaahaaaaahaaaaa.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Scott.
      Um, you maybe shouldn't have used the word bonded? It does sorta make it sound like you enjoyed those moments w/ the Nikon. ;)

      Delete
    3. Becky,
      Bonded in the sense that I held the camera close to by bosom, in order for it to synch with my heartbeat; therefore, it rejects its owner, Dusty Lizard, and never really feels comfortable in her hands.

      Mwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa, Again.

      Delete
    4. I think YOU are a turkey! ;)
      And, did you happen to do that same thing to MY Nikon at some point? Because, we haven't really been hitting it off too well lately...or maybe it is just holding a grudge against me for the dropping incident. That wasn't too pretty.

      Delete
  2. What was that part in your blog: You'll forgive me? Only because you're jealous and wish you had a Nikon. That's why you couldn't wait to get your hands on Alex. Don't think I didn't see you cooing at him in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brainwashing and manipulating should not be misinterpreted as cooing. I was merely planting ideas in its microchip brain that you really wanted a Canon, and his name was to be Thor, but he turned out to be a Nikon with the name Alex; is it a boy...is it a girl?

      Delete
  3. Thor. Mmm. Thor was really beautiful in that movie. I think I'll watch it again just for the stunning imagery. Of Thor.

    ReplyDelete